Mortal (凡夫) is a free and open source AI for Japanese mahjong, powered by deep reinforcement learning.
The development of Mortal is hosted on GitHub at https://github.com/Equim-chan/Mortal.
- A strong mahjong AI that is compatible with Tenhou's standard ranked rule for four-player mahjong.
- A blazingly fast mahjong emulator written in Rust with a Python interface. Up to 23K hanchans per hour1 can be achieved using the Rust emulator combined with Python neural network inference.
- An easy-to-use mjai interface.
- Free and open source.
- Serve as a backend for mjai-reviewer (formerly known as akochan-reviewer).
- Limited reasoning support.
This doc is work in progress, so most pages are empty right now.
Read this post for details regarding this topic.
As planned, the trained model will be released after I add Mortal support to akochan-reviewer, which will then be renamed to mjai-reviewer.
Copyright (C) 2021-2022 Equim
This program is free software: you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU Affero General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation, either version 3 of the License, or (at your option) any later version.
This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU Affero General Public License for more details.
You should have received a copy of the GNU Affero General Public License along with this program. If not, see https://www.gnu.org/licenses/.
Measured on NVIDIA® GeForce® RTX 2060 SUPER™ with AMD Ryzen™ 5 3600, game batch size 2000.